Tech Thursday takes a short check out business and technology news and updates for the small business community.
HP and Walgreens Extend Mobile Print Options for Customers
HP Adds Greater than 8,000 Walgreens Locations to its Worldwide Public Print Locations Network
HP today announced that consumers can now print directly from their smartphone or tablet to greater than 8,000 U.S.
Walgreens stores, bringing the HP Public Print Locations (PPL) network to 30,000 sites worldwide.
By downloading the free HP ePrint Service iPhone app , users can order prints in their photos, that are picked up from a local Walgreens in as low as an hour.
Groupon Payments Come To Android
Groupon Releases Updated Groupon Merchants App for Android, v2.2, with Groupon Payments
Groupon (NASDAQ: GRPN) announced the discharge of the most recent version of the Groupon Merchants app for Android (v2.2), which contains Groupon Payments into the platform, offering merchants an improved way to accept credit cards on the guaranteed lowest overall rates. Groupon merchants with Android devices who enroll in Groupon Payments will enjoy a quick, intuitive experience in a position to fulfilling their everyday bank card processing needs.
Groupon merchants with Android devices may now benefit from the following benefits:
- Hassle-Free Enrollment — Activate the service within minutes
- Comprehensive Features — Use the Groupon Merchants app to go into bill totals, add tips, apply taxes, process refunds and email customer receipts
- Dependable Service — Backed 7-days-a-week by a dedicated Groupon Payments support team reachable by phone and email
- Security — Encrypted mastercard information keeps customer data safe
- Analytics — Payments information is seamlessly available throughout the online Payments Center where merchants can view live transaction history, check daily sales reports, track deposits to their checking account and analyze revenue trends
- ROI Tracking — Groupon Merchants can scan and redeem customer Groupons and monitor tips and extra spending to trace the success in their deal
For more in this story, click here .
Web.com Partners with SCORE on 25 Small Business Forums in 2013
Web.com Group, Inc., a number one provider of internet services and internet marketing solutions, has announced that local assistance is at the way for small businesses wanting to create or improve their internet presence.
Web.com plans to give greater than two dozen Small Business Forums around the U.s. in 2013 along side its umbrella sponsorship of the internet.com Tour, the pathway to the PGA TOUR. These forums will consider the explicit challenges and opportunities that small businesses face when moving from more traditional media to having a web-based presence.
The forums, which can be without cost, will give small businesses the advantage of Web.com’s 15 years of expertise in helping small businesses with all of the various online opportunities, including websites, internet marketing, website positioning including local search, eCommerce, and more recently, social media and mobile options. The primary forum will happen along with the Chitimacha Louisiana Open on March 21st, 2013.
For a listing of Web.com Small Business Forum sites and dates, please visit www.businessforum.web.com .
Lenovo Introduces K900 Smartphone & Smartphone Portfolio
Lenovo has announced its latest flagship smartphone, the K900 , a premium smartphone with an excellent-slim profile whose appear and feel make it a must-have for people that will see and be seen with their smartphones. a special blend of design and function, the K900 sports a 5.5-inch IPS screen, the best camera arrays available in school and an ideal slim 6.9mm profile, all running on an Intel® Atom processor.
Learn more about this new addition to the Lenovo product line here .