All of us claim to wish more customers, more often, but are we doing what it takes to get that done? I asked Sarah Reilly Engel, VP of Merchant Success at Belly , a loyalty rewards company for outlets, to share advice with us.
It is well known, through research and studies, that companies derive 80 percent in their revenue from 20 percent in their customers. As a small business owner, it becomes overwhelming to develop customer acquisition and retention strategies effectively without using tools to automate the method. Luckily, the very best customer-driven marketing tactics and tools are at every business owners’ fingertips.
Here are 7 ways you could to show your casual customers into your brand advocates:
1) Get Mobile. Leverage technology partners who’ve scale, reach, responsive design and native search benefits to get your small business found. Discover a digital platform like Belly that permits small businesses to get discovered through an intelligent map that denotes all participating merchants nearby! Furthermore, optimize your website for mobile in order that all customers can find you despite what device they’re using.
2) Get Social. Showcase your personality and utilize social profiles including Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Instagram. Define your unique voice and tactics for every channel and post real-time behind-the-scenes photos to have interaction together with your audience. You can even use these channels to tell customers of upcoming promotions. Post actively to those channels at least one time an afternoon to teach your customers that you’re engaged. Your social media channels might help increase brand awareness in your business and create affinity with followers.
3) Boost Social. Spending small budgets to extend local reach on Twitter and Facebook assist you to expand your customer network and result in new paying visitors. i like to recommend testing different budgets and artistic, moreover defining your target market by selecting the site and age group that your enterprise wants to reach.
4) Give attention to Loyalty. Your behind-the-counter charisma and repair is a brilliant start, but with many competing businesses it’s hard to remain top of mind with casual customers. Specializing in loyalty allow you to increase profits as much as 6-7x. Implement a loyalty program that rewards frequent visitors and encourages them to stick true. Customers tend to spend more with each visit and every positive experience may spread the word about your small business.
5) Cross-Promote. Draft a listing of local businesses who could have complimentary services or products. Network with the required partners and kick off a promotion that gives customers rewards, and discounts for visiting each location or choose a loyalty program that allows you to interact with customers and rewards them for repeat visits. It is a good way to get new referrals and new loyal customers.
6) Activate & Manage Reviews. It’s critical to have a presence on review sites, like Yelp! Go the additional mile by providing photos, descriptions, menus, hours and your businesses’ direct contact information online. Adding signs to your window and at your counter also are a good way to remind visiting customers to share their positive feedback about your great service. Since 90% of consumers say their buying decisions are influenced by online reviews – stay alongside of active reviews and comment politely to customers who’ve had a negative experience. Lastly, host a Yelp event at your establishment and position yourself as an active community member.
7) Create Your Email Marketing Plan. Email marketing is without doubt one of the strongest methods for growing sales and maintaining relationships with customers. Ditch old methods of capturing email addresses offline (think: business cards in fishbowls) and inspire users to enroll in the loyalty program you’re employed with so that you can close the loop and drive conversions both on and offline with communication tools at your fingertips. With customer-driven insights and email automation, messaging customers is straightforward and trackable so that you can measure results on retention.
Following these quick and straightforward tips is a smart method to kick-start your marketing programs and strengthen your customer relationships. Try them out and spot the variation it makes