Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates said in a recent interview with Politico Playbook that the fall will be worse than the summer when it comes to the novel coronavirus.
- “The fall is going to be worse than the summer.”
- “All the numbers are ticking up, and that was always a very good chance that as people go indoors and it’s colder, that we would see more transmission.”
Gates said Americans only have their own behavior to help curb the spread of the coronavirus.
- “Unfortunately, we’ve got a lot of fatigue and a lot of bad messages about these things.”
- “U.S. mask compliance is actually pretty poor.”
Gates praised Dr. Anthony Fauci as well, saying the doctor rose above the noise when it comes to the coronavirus response.
- “Fortunately, Dr. Fauci has risen above the noise level, in talking about masks and best practices, and so the fact that they’re trying to undermine him for some reason, that just blows the mind.”
Gates recently told CNBC the U.S. has had a poor response to the virus, while other countries have “done very, very well.”
- “Mask compliance in the United States is quite poor,” Gates said. “And yet the cost of the mask and the productivity lost from (not wearing) the mask, it’s quite an intervention.”